She says she wants to live in a movie
I say I want someone else to stand behind me
And write it all down
'Cause I can't be bothered doing it myself
And I don't want the responsibility of proving its importance

Song of the Day

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

A New Year

Well, I wanted to do a 2008 Year in Review post but never got around to it. It was a decent enough year, not too notable in a good way or a bad way. Pokerwise, I didn't hit my (kinda secret, kinda unreasonable) goal of 250K, but I did learn how to play PLO, which was one of my major goals. And I made slightly more than last year at least. Personal goals for 2008 were a less successful front. I guess I could blame my increasing responsibilities at work, but really I am just lazy and awful at holding myself to self-imposed rules.

2009 Resolutions
I do love resolutions, even if I am horrible at keeping them. If I at least make a solid attempt on all of these, I'll be happy:
1) Learn to play guitar (for real, not just practicing random chords for a week and then giving up on it). Be able to play at least 5 songs by the end of the year.
2) Make at least 2 blog entries per week. For posterity's sake, at least.
3) Keep working on my PLO game. Get good enough that I am comfortable playing 5/10 by the end of the year.
4) Read at least 30 books.
5) Watch a couple poker videos each week and TAKE NOTES!
6) Do some remedial math, esp. mental math exercises, so it doesn't take me 10 minutes to determine my pot odds. And so that looking at an equation doesn't cause my brain to automatically shut off.
7) Healthier lifestyle. Regular sleep patterns, eat less meat, stay away from drinks w/ calories, stop sitting in front of the computer so much, get some exercise etc etc.
8) Figure out whether I should go pro or not.
9) Make more money than last year. Try not to lose so much of it in the stock market.

I guess that's about it. So long, 2008.

Here's a cute little thing that's been making the rounds of my office's email:

1 comment:

Mignardises said...

Number 9...made when you were blissfully unaware of subprime mortgages being sold as premium securities. Hopefully your poker wins are making up for the pile of rubbish that is the stock market right now.