She says she wants to live in a movie
I say I want someone else to stand behind me
And write it all down
'Cause I can't be bothered doing it myself
And I don't want the responsibility of proving its importance

Song of the Day

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Running Better

So I've had 4 consecutive solid winning sessions of PLO in a row -- been a while since that's happened. My hands graph for the last few months looks like a mix between a heart beat wave and a cosine graph. But I am running hot now and definitely feeling better about my game. Hopefully I won't jinx my next session by posting this!

Although I am definitely running well, I did have a pretty funny thing happen a few nights ago -- 3 times in a row, I got my stack in pre AAxx vs AAxx and lost all 3. That must be some kind of record. (Had the better coordinated side cards 2 of the 3 times, too!) So rigged.

Anyway, I was downtown for a conference all last week. It's almost like I'm a real adult or something! Although, having now been to two conferences as a "working professional," I have come to the following realization:

professional conferences: working world :: study abroad programs : college

i.e. Go to a conference for your job whenever possible, as it is the closest thing to a vacation that you're going to get without taking an actual vacation. I guess this is pretty much common knowledge, but it was a "oh, duh!" moment for me. (I didn't realize "study abroad" really meant "semester-long vacation" until I was almost done with college, either!)

No comments: