She says she wants to live in a movie
I say I want someone else to stand behind me
And write it all down
'Cause I can't be bothered doing it myself
And I don't want the responsibility of proving its importance

Song of the Day

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Hulu.com

I must be out of the loop, 'cause I just found out about this site and apparently it's been around since March. Anyway, it has a bunch of TV shows and even some movies that you can stream on it. Very clean layout, works well, has every episode of Arrested Development. I am never going to get any work done again ever.

I have been rocking the heads-up games lately on Pokerstars. Er, rather I would be rocking them if I didn't keep getting stacked in hands like these:

Poker Stars, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

Hero (SB): $375.25 (187.6 bb)
BB: $605.15 (302.6 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is SB with Qs Qh
Hero raises to $6, BB raises to $22, Hero raises to $72, BB raises to $210, Hero raises to $375.25 and is all-in, BB calls $165.25
Flop: ($750.50) 7h 5s Kh
Turn: ($750.50) 2d
River: ($750.50) 3h
Results: $750.50 pot ($0.50 rake)
BB showed Ah 4s (a straight, Ace to Five) and won $750 ($374.75 net)
Hero mucked Qs Qh (a pair of Queens) and lost (-$375.25 net)


Other than hands like that, and some random what-the-fuck-was-I-thinking hands (which obviously bother me way more than the bad beats, since it's my fault the money ain't shipping my way), HU has been fun, and I'm slowly but surely getting better at it. I wish I could say the same for PLO, which is just ugh. Still very much an omaha fish. Maybe someday I'll get it.

P.S. Another cool thing about hulu.com is they allow you to embed their videos on your own site. Here's my favorite episode of Arrested Development, "Pier Pressure":

No comments: