She says she wants to live in a movie
I say I want someone else to stand behind me
And write it all down
'Cause I can't be bothered doing it myself
And I don't want the responsibility of proving its importance

Song of the Day

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

LOL, Internet 2.0

I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook. It is useful and all, but it can be incredibly annoying. No, I don't want to pet your weird virtual animal/put things in your solar system/ tell the whole world that I just took a breath. I also don't need my friends to "poke" or (even worse) "tickle" me--jesus, just have them say hi like a normal internet communication device! All that said, Facebook is still about 500x better than myspace (gah, myspace--I can't even type the word without getting repulsed.)

I read this on someone else's blog and found it pretty hilarious, though:
A couple weeks ago I removed the "in a relationship" banner from my Facebook page, because I felt way too old to be waving my personal life around like a flag on the internet, and decided I wanted some privacy in case weird people from college that I didn't really want to talk to anymore started finding me and asking to be my friend. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that this would send a notification to EVERYONE I EVER MET with an alarmist "broken heart" icon saying I'm single again suddenly, and I got a whole bunch of concerned e-mails asking "what had happened".

No comments: