She says she wants to live in a movie
I say I want someone else to stand behind me
And write it all down
'Cause I can't be bothered doing it myself
And I don't want the responsibility of proving its importance

Song of the Day

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

HU4Rollz?

Just posted the following story on 2p2, re: some serious fun I had at the online poker last night.

Anyway, I thought I'd share with you guys a pretty hilarious experience I had last night--first time I've ever found the opportunity to throw out a "HU4rollz" challenge to someone. So I was donking around at NL50 6max with a friend of mine (boundlessbluff) who I've been mentoring a bit in the poker, and I got into the following hand with one of the other TAGs at the table:

FullTiltPoker Game #6140933948: Table Stardust (6 max) - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:52:35 ET - 2008/04/22
Seat 1: cslack8909 ($50)
Seat 2: SuicideKing21 ($51.25)
Seat 3: famouslastwords ($77.70)
Seat 4: audikid ($161)
Seat 5: BoundlessBluff ($88.35)
Seat 6: thee babe ($58.15)
thee babe posts the small blind of $0.25
cslack8909 posts the big blind of $0.50
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to famouslastwords [Ah As]
SuicideKing21 folds
famouslastwords raises to $1.75
audikid has 15 seconds left to act
audikid raises to $4
BoundlessBluff folds
thee babe folds
cslack8909 has 15 seconds left to act
cslack8909 adds $0.50
cslack8909 folds
famouslastwords has 15 seconds left to act
famouslastwords raises to $12.75
audikid has 15 seconds left to act
audikid calls $8.75
*** FLOP *** [Jc 8d 6h]
famouslastwords checks
audikid has 15 seconds left to act
audikid bets $15
famouslastwords raises to $64.95, and is all in
audikid has 15 seconds left to act
audikid calls $49.95
famouslastwords shows [Ah As]
audikid shows [Ts Td]
*** TURN *** [Jc 8d 6h] [8c]
*** RIVER *** [Jc 8d 6h 8c] [4h]
famouslastwords shows two pair, Aces and Eights
audikid shows two pair, Tens and Eights
famouslastwords wins the pot ($153.15) with two pair, Aces and Eights
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $156.15 | Rake $3
Board: [Jc 8d 6h 8c 4h]
Seat 1: cslack8909 (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 2: SuicideKing21 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: famouslastwords showed [Ah As] and won ($153.15) with two pair, Aces and Eights
Seat 4: audikid showed [Ts Td] and lost with two pair, Tens and Eights
Seat 5: BoundlessBluff (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: thee babe (small blind) folded before the Flop

Some trash-talking chat ensued:
BoundlessBluff: nh
famouslastwords: heh, tx
famouslastwords: that's a gift, getting people to stack off like
that
audikid: a blind squirrel....
famouslastwords: can't teach it ;-)
famouslastwords: you calling me a squirrel?
audikid: im saying youre awful and woke up with a good hand
audikid: a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then
famouslastwords: hu for rolls?
SuicideKing21: lol
audikid: hu for rolls?
famouslastwords: let's do it
audikid: heads up?
audikid: haha
famouslastwords: ya
audikid: id be happy to play for rolls, but u cant sit down at my table
famouslastwords: name the stakes
audikid: nl5000?
famouslastwords: ok
SuicideKing21: lol, ur both morons
famouslastwords: search for me
famouslastwords: I'm at orbit
BoundlessBluff: tell me which table so I can watch..
BoundlessBluff: THX
famouslastwords: cmon man
famouslastwords: b4 someone else sits
BoundlessBluff: cmon audi, u all talk
SuicideKing21: stay here and donk around a bit
audikid: u think im gonna sit down heads up, really?
BoundlessBluff: scared...
famouslastwords: well, you said you would
famouslastwords: we can play lower if you don't have enough
audikid: called sh it talking
famouslastwords: or higher if you want
SuicideKing21: no, its called being called out

Audikid ended up sitting for about 10 seconds, but never bought in and promptly disappeared from both tables. It's too bad for him, really--not only does he end up looking like a tool, but he probably would have had a decent shot at taking my "roll," as badly as I suck at HU play.

That was the most fun I've had at a poker table in a long time. This doesn't make me an excessively mean person, does it?

No comments: